facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Finally on it wheels

20 Oct 2019 15:29
Patt02
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Topic Author
Finally on it wheels #1
Hi to all, It's been well over a year since I started with this little cutie. So many issues seem to get in the way of working on it, I thought I would have to wait another couple of decades to get this far. The last time this bike was registered for the road was in 1988. Has been in storage ever since (that I know of) Had to replace the obvious stuff such as Tank badges, foam & seat cover. All parts appear to be original had to lop off the bent ends of the clutch and brake levers. All vin numbers match and I have the original title from 1970. Hope it fits in well with all these other great looking badge bikes. Had cervical spine surgery a while back, Doc (and the Mrs) say my riding days are over so this one will be looking for a new home. Any suggestions or comments are always welcome. Pat
The following user(s) Liked this Post Steve F, KJB, KennyV, liferbiker, Super90, BajaBronco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Oct 2019 19:49
BajaBronco
Novice
Novice
More
Finally on it wheels #2
Super clean! Sorry you have to let it go. That green is pretty cool. I have a 70 175 and it’s a brighter green... I always through they were the same color but I should know better I spose.

Andrew
71 DT-1E 11/70
71 DT-1E 12/70
The following user(s) Liked this Post Patt02

20 Oct 2019 20:47
KennyV
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Finally on it wheels #3
Why not keep it, park it in the house next to the TV and just look at it. It's really nice, great job. Think of it as a piece of art :). That's what I'm going to do.

71 Z50 Minitrail
72 RT2
74 250A
78 XT500E
06 F650GS Dakar
The following user(s) Liked this Post 2fishkev, Steve F, mdscott, Patt02, BajaBronco

21 Oct 2019 07:12 21 Oct 2019 07:20 by Sarge.
Sarge
Novice
Novice
More
Finally on it wheels #4

BajaBronco wrote: Super clean! Sorry you have to let it go. That green is pretty cool. I have a 70 175 and it’s a brighter green... I always through they were the same color but I should know better I suppose.

I was thinking the same thing. Probably just the camera setting/exposure making the green look darker than it is. My CT1B is pictured here (post #351):

https://yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/general-discussion/4799-just-pics?start=350#89824

BTW, Yamaha had specific names for these colors. Using my three cycles as examples, the CT1 was "California Orange", CT1-B was "Candy Green", and DT1E "Mandarin Tangerine".
The following user(s) Liked this Post Patt02, BajaBronco

21 Oct 2019 21:17
Patt02
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Topic Author
Finally on it wheels #5
Thanks for the compliments guy's, I took the photos with a pretty nice cannon SLR. Not that I know very much about settings and exposures but the bike is the same color as the pic's and the paint color is suppose to be the original "Candy Green" that Sarge mentioned. It's an Anodized paint maybe that is the difference. The link below is the look I was going for (hope it comes thru) i.pinimg.com/originals/9a/0f/36/9a0f361b...0a4ac9fe7ff71a6b.jpg Good idea about parking it in the house KennyV although I think the temptation would be to great and I would find myself ripping it around the living room :-)
The following user(s) Liked this Post BajaBronco

21 Oct 2019 23:43
liferbiker
Collector
Collector
More
Finally on it wheels #6
Sorry you (should not) ride it. No chance it'll get healed enough for street rides even? I'ts a gem for sure, nice putt!
The following user(s) Liked this Post Patt02

22 Oct 2019 06:30
Patt02
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Topic Author
Finally on it wheels #7
Thanks liferbiker, I'm really glad you like it. Street riding would be ok (although not nearly as much fun as off roading) but I can't wear a helmet and wont ride without one. Always figured if I ever bit the big one out there, might as well go out with a pretty face. (hee, hee)

Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart