facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Apparently can’t go anywhere. CT-1

17 Oct 2019 19:58
BajaBronco
Novice
Novice
More
Topic Author
Apparently can’t go anywhere. CT-1 #1
Not sure what’s going on, but I can’t go anywhere without finding an enduro these days. I went to buy some weird old tires and ended up looking at the sellers years of accumulated items. Inside a barn was a Ct1 and an at1. I took home the ct tonight and made arrangements to get the AT soon. I wasn’t even looking for another, but wasn’t about to leave it there.

Build date 6/70, has orig key, good compression, no clutch lever or taillight. Can I, uh, just keep all of these??

Andrew
71 DT-1E 11/70
71 DT-1E 12/70
The following user(s) Liked this Post Capt.Dave, t-bone, 1971DT250, Badger52, shyted, darinm, Gr8uncleal, Super90

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Oct 2019 00:22
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Apparently can’t go anywhere. CT-1 #2
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post 1971DT250, shyted, BajaBronco

18 Oct 2019 06:50
BajaBronco
Novice
Novice
More
Topic Author
Apparently can’t go anywhere. CT-1 #3
Here’s the AT

Andrew
71 DT-1E 11/70
71 DT-1E 12/70
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post Badger52

18 Oct 2019 08:51 18 Oct 2019 09:05 by Sarge.
Sarge
Novice
Novice
More
Apparently can’t go anywhere. CT-1 #4
I like them both...nice scores. It is pretty hard to walk away from a Yammie deal when it is staring you in the face. The dilemma is what to do after you get one (let alone two!). If the cycle is a good candidate for a relatively easy & economic restoration, has a title, etc., then that is my preferred choice. Unfortunately often they are too far gone, and the sum of the parts may exceed the value of the cycle as it stands. The AT-1 I recently acquired is teetering on the edge. If I can get the title issue resolved, then I would like to put it back as a runner. If not, it may have to go the parts route. I admit the latter is the easier path to take, and would put more money in my hands rather than out of them.

Your CT1-B looks to be mostly intact, with only the expansion chamber needing replacement. That cycle looks well worth saving. With only one picture, the AT-1 appears to be a much more difficult undertaking. In addition, the complexities of the 12vdc electric start hardware make it more labor-intensive than a cycle with magneto. I may be able to help with the CT1-B exhaust pipe if you need one. The bonus is cleaning up that expansion chamber pipe, if everything is intact, might net you a nice piece of change should you opt to sell it...

18 Oct 2019 11:41
BajaBronco
Novice
Novice
More
Topic Author
Apparently can’t go anywhere. CT-1 #5
Thanks for the input Sarge, I feel the same way. I felt the CT has a better chance of firing up, and had less done to it. The AT is missing the ign switch, and cranks over only when you pull out on the kick starter.....like it needs a thrust washer or something. and lots of wires cut and removed and stuff, and a dent on the tank. Neat bike and with a plate. I got all the papers to get titles - not terrible in CA if you know what to do and what to present. No plans to sell or keep at this point just to get! LOL.

I need a clutch perch for CT and a taillight. I kind of like the pipe on it right now?

Andrew
71 DT-1E 11/70
71 DT-1E 12/70

18 Oct 2019 11:53 18 Oct 2019 11:54 by MarkT.
MarkT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Apparently can’t go anywhere. CT-1 #6
Looks like that might be a Bassani pipe?

(on the CT)

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post Rick C.

18 Oct 2019 20:19
KennyV
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Apparently can’t go anywhere. CT-1 #7
Nice score, and with expansion chambers. Bonus!!

71 Z50 Minitrail
72 RT2
74 250A
78 XT500E
06 F650GS Dakar
The following user(s) Liked this Post Snglsmkr

19 Oct 2019 03:17 19 Oct 2019 03:30 by shyted.
shyted
Collector
Collector
More
Apparently can’t go anywhere. CT-1 #8
This is driving me daft. So many bikes to be had.Your so lucky to stumble across stuff like that.Brilliant.
For those in the USA that don't understand what the picture of the dog saying " oh yes" is then check this out ,it's 30 seconds long.
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZToP48Mrp8

the last oh yes is classic !
Oh yes BajaBronco, next time you go not buying enduros take me with you please .
The following user(s) Liked this Post Gr8uncleal, BajaBronco

20 Oct 2019 16:54 20 Oct 2019 16:55 by Sarge.
Sarge
Novice
Novice
More
Apparently can’t go anywhere. CT-1 #9

BajaBronco wrote: Thanks for the input Sarge, I feel the same way. I felt the CT has a better chance of firing up, and had less done to it. The AT is missing the ign switch, and cranks over only when you pull out on the kick starter.....like it needs a thrust washer or something. and lots of wires cut and removed and stuff, and a dent on the tank. Neat bike and with a plate. I got all the papers to get titles - not terrible in CA if you know what to do and what to present. No plans to sell or keep at this point just to get! LOL.

I need a clutch perch for CT and a taillight. I kind of like the pipe on it right now?

Think I got you covered on the clutch perch. Only thing I have on the taillight is the one currently on the AT-1. If it goes to parts, then it will have your name on it. Regarding the kick-starter, could be your tension spring is compromised. I have a few nice/complete take-outs lying about, too. Also a nice supply of "specialty" bolts, springs, clips, etc. I have scavenged. All are clean and in nice shape. Regarding title issues, would like to PM you with a few questions. I got out of California in 2010 so have been down the path a couple of times myself...
The following user(s) Liked this Post BajaBronco

22 Oct 2019 15:34
BajaBronco
Novice
Novice
More
Topic Author
Apparently can’t go anywhere. CT-1 #10
Yeah sarge send me a pm. I’ve mainly gotten titles for cars, but I gathered papers to do the same for the bikes.

Shyted, “oh yes “ I’ll let you know. Or wrap one of these up in brown paper and twine and send it to you. I probably can’t keep all. I have 5 bikes now (3 Yamaha enduros), and around 8-10 cars . And my family isn’t so sure about all this!! (But they should be used to it).

Andrew
71 DT-1E 11/70
71 DT-1E 12/70
The following user(s) Liked this Post shyted

Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart